Housevegan was nominated for a Liebster award! The Liebster award recognizes not-so-mega blogs, and is a rad way for bloggers to get to know each other.
The rules are as follows:
One issue though. I was nominated twice in a very short time span by two amazing bloggers: The Sunflower Kitchen and The Judgmental Vegan. Both of these blogs are wonderful, and I feel really flattered to have been acknowledged by them. So, rather than have an anxiety attack about not knowing what to do I'm going to honor both nominations. I'll answer all of their questions in two different posts while nominating 4 bloggers per post. That way I'm still nominating 8 in total like a normal person. This is just how it's going to be folks. I can't choose which award to honor. You might as well ask me to choose my favorite pumpkin dish. I can't do it.
The first Liebster came from The Sunflower Kitchen. Her questions were a blast to go through!
1. What’s your dream vacation? At this point my dream vacation is a trip to Disneyland. When we lived in LA my husband and I would go at least once a month, so the park became really special to me. It's the most fun, romantic, carefree, and goofy place in the world and I feel at home there. My dream vacation may sound infantile, but it's rooted in very real feelings here.
|My birthday in 2009. So long ago!|
2. What is your favorite item in your closet? I have these pants that I call my Sunday Pants. They're basically socially acceptable sweatpants. I try to always wear them on Sundays to incite relaxation, but I definitely wear them more than once a week. They look good, and are soooo comfortable.
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of? My relationship with my husband, and our little human/feline family. We've been together for 9 years next month, and that is a lot to be proud of these days. Our cats have been with us for almost as long, and they're amazing.
4. What is your favorite way to waste time online? (come on, everyone does it! Facebook? Celebrity gossip?) Yumsugar.com! I get so much inspiration from that website. Seconded by watching old episodes of Murder, She Wrote and Columbo on Netflix.
5. What’s the best book you’ve read this year? This has been a stressful year so not a lot of reading has gone down. However, I have continued my love for the Cat Who series. There are so many Cat Who books!
6. Who is your hero? Why? Angela Lansbury. She's liberal, smart, talented, and continues to do what she loves well into her 80's. I love this woman!
Also... Lucille Ball and Dolly Parton.
7. What is your favorite food? This is an answer that can vary often, but the first food that always, undoubtedly comes to mind is bread. Specifically chewy, oily, salty bread. The kind that is good for sopping, or eating on its own for lunch.
8. What was your best Halloween costume? Oh, definitely Anne Marie from All Dogs Go To Heaven! I designed it and sewed it together myself, and it was ah-mazing. It was Accurate too (with that capital A). Too bad no one had a clue who I was. I wish I could find a picture!
9. What is your biggest pet peeve? "Don't you know that has bacon in it? Huh huh huh." Certain members of my family love to recite this while I'm eating. It's been 10 years since I went vegan, y'all. Move on.
10. What is the best thing about fall? One might expect me to say pumpkins, but I'm actually going to say the cozy feeling I get when huddled under a blanket with my guy while eating chex mix, drinking cider and watching Halloween movies with a Marshmallow Fireside candle burning. Pumpkins are a close second.
The first 4 blogs I'm nominating are*:
Here are your questions:
1. What is your favorite application for chocolate? (Baked goods, hot chocolate, etc.)
2. Tea or coffee? Why?
3. What was one food you detested as a kid, but grew to love as an adult?
4. Do you remember your first celebrity crush? Who was it?
5. How old were you when you stopped believing in magic? Did you ever stop?
6. What is the messiest room in your home?
7. If you could open up your home to any farm animal what would it be? Assume you were given all the resources needed to make this a reasonable scenario.
8. Where was the farthest away from home that you've ever traveled?
9. What one kitchen tool do you use the most (utensils and plates excluded)?
10. Do you have any Fall traditions? What are they?
*I know we're all busy with Vegan MoFo so no worries if you can't dedicate time to this right now! I also don't know how many followers you have, or if you've already been nominated. Clearly, I'm a rule breaker. Either way, I've really enjoyed your blogs this month!