We started off with some drinks and snacks while the grill got going!
It didn't take long for our food to get on and off the grill. Mealtime was really good!
- You know we had some margaritas! Hand squeezed lime juice, agave nectar and tequila were the only ingredients in this classic cocktail.
- We needed something the keep our appetites satiated so we snacked on some chips and salsa. The salsa was Roasted Habanero Hot Salsa made by a small salsa company in San Antonio, Tio Mike's. I'm in love with this salsa! It's so flavorful with a generous heat.
- Naturally the margaritas ran out so we switched to beer. We bought some Good JuJu by Left Hand Brewing Company and a small growler at The Growler Room, a new business in Austin dedicated to filling your growlers. Look at that amazing Come and Fill It growler that I bought there! Google "Battle of Gonzales" if you need some context. It's a really bitchin growler.
- Grilled portabellas with BBQ sauce, caramelized onions and avocado on Texas Toast
- Carne Asada made with Gardein Beefless Tips on homemade Mitad Y Mitad Tortillas - I marinated the beefless tips in orange juice, lime juice, garlic, jalapelo, cilantro, cumin and olive oil for a few hours before grilling!
- Texas Toast - broiled of course
- Dessert - Peaches with Lime Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Pineapple Tequila syrup. This dessert will be getting it's own post!
It was a wonderful kick off to summer! I look forward to more BBQs, more summer food and obviously more margaritas. Hello Summer!