For Mother's Day this year I decided to throw a Mother's Day Brunch for the moms in my life. We never do anything special to celebrate Mother's Day except little gifts and a family dinner which is fun but I wanted more. So this year I invited my Mom, Oma, Aunt (aka Wine Mother - it's a thing), Grandmother and Godmother (also an Aunt) over to my place for wine, food, company, flowers and group photos!
Can you guess which one is my Mom? Hint - We're making the same face! Of course we are.
We ate a lot of food! Like fruit salad:
Biscuits with Black Currant Jam, Speculoos and Orange Honey Earth Balance:
Mini Farinatas with Mushroom Relish
Vegan Honey Mustard Chicken Salad (recipe below!) and so much more!
The Mother's Day Brunch was beautiful and fun! It was really great to be surrounded by such strong and wonderful women. I hope everyone had as great a Mother's Day as I did!
And because it was just so good, here's the recipe for the Vegan Honey Mustard Chicken Salad. Yum!
Vegan Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Adapted from Honey Roasted Chicken Salad from Iowagirleats.com
- 12 ounces vegan chicken, like Beyond Meat or Gardein, chopped
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup celery (depending on how much you love celery), chopped
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain nondairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegan honey, like Bee Free Honee or Sohgave Honey Flavored Agave Nectar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add the vegan chicken, celery and almonds to a bowl and stir them to combine. Set aside.
2. In a smaller bowl whisk together the yogurt, honey and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Serve cold with bread, crackers, spoons, whatever you want!