First and foremost: Thank you so much to The Vegan Woman for listing House Vegan as a Vegan Food Blog to Keep an Eye Out For! With over 90 nominations, I feel really special that my lil ole blog was included on such a great list. Being next to blogs that I read regularly is pretty crazy and exciting. I feel very honored. Thank you!!!
Second only to that very exciting announcement: The Food.
It's near impossible for me to kick a noodle craving. I'm really more of a rice girl, but a piece of my heart will always belong to Asian noodles. Sometimes there's nothing more satisfying.
This dish doesn't taste overwhelmingly like Sriracha, but it does have a nice touch of heat. Delicious.
Sriracha Vegetable and Ramen Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons vegetarian fish sauce (depending on saltiness and taste)
- 3 - 4 ounces ramen noodles, cooked and drained (if using a ramen soup packet, just throw away the seasoning.)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
1. In a small bowl, combine the Sriracha, soy sauce, vinegar and vegetarian fish sauce. Start with 1 teaspoon of "fish" sauce and add more to taste based on your preference. Set the sauce aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and stir constantly until fragrant. Remove the garlic from the oil and discard.
3. Add the carrot, mushrooms and bell pepper to the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes until the veggies start browning and softening.
4. Add the cabbage, spinach and scallions to the pan and cook for 3-4 more minutes. The cabbage should softened but remain crisp.
5. Stir in the Sriracha mixture and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the noodles and toss everything with tongs or chopsticks to mix and evenly coat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Salt to taste.
7. Serve with limes wedges, scallions and soy sauce.