Warm apple cider is delicious, but these have the added element of nostalgia. Remember being a kid and drinking sparkling apple cider while all the grown ups drank champagne?
Most of the recipes I make are scaled down to fit in my Tiny Home. I have no place to store 2 dozen cookies so this recipe makes 1 dozen.
Sparkling Apple Cider Cookies
3/4 c. all purpose flour
2 Tbls. cornstarch
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbls. canola oil or melted Earth Balance
3 Tbls. nondairy milk
1/2 c. sugar
1 packet of Alpine Spiced Apple Cider drink mix
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. nondairy milk
1/4 tsp. champagne extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together oil, milk, sugar, drink mix and vanilla.
3. Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spatula until completely combined.
4. Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes until slightly golden on top. Let them cool on a cookie rack for at least 15 minutes.
5. While the cookies cool, make the glaze. Combine all of the glaze ingredients and mix with a fork until completely incorporated. The glaze should be slightly wetter than royal icing.
6. With a fork, drizzle the glaze over the cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.