This scrambled tofu was really well received with my omni brunch guests. There was none left when all was said and done. The onions were sweet, the tatsoi was buttery and the "bacon" brought it all together. My friends couldn't believe that tofu could taste so eggy and delicious.
The only thing I regret was not getting a better picture. I was hungry!
Scramble Tofu with Caramelized Onions, Tatsoi and "Bacon"
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 large handfuls of tatsoi (or spinach or any soft leaf green)
- 1 package firm tofu, lightly pressed and crumbled
- 1/4 c. TVP Bacon
- garlic powder, black salt, regular salt and pepper to taste
1. In a heavy skillet, heat up olive oil over md. heat. Add onions and let caramelize, stirring around a bit to get them all even. When the onions are all sweet and brown, add tofu. Let brown, stirring often. Add more oil if necessary.
2. When tofu is browned and scrambled to your liking, add bacon and season to taste.
3. Fold in tatsoi until wilted.
4. Serve warm! Mmmm