Today's post is all about hash!
I've made this for numerous potlucks and family events. It's a fool proof omni approved dish. The ingredients aren't "weird" or foreign. It doesn't dare people to eat tofu. It doesn't scare the dieters (too much....) because it uses sweet potatoes (or yams!) Again, no pretty picture. Just a fantastic recipe!
Sweet Potato (or yam!) and Sausage Hash
(a shamelessly altered "Spicy Sweet Potato Hash" from Vegan Planet)
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 lb. vegetarian sausage crumbles (I use Gimme Lean), crumbled
- 1 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes (or yams!), peeled, diced, and roasted (see below)
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Add sausage to skillet and let brown, stirring often.
3. Add sweet potatoes (or yams!) and cook until browned and heated through. Season and serve.
Cooking sweet potatoes (or yams!)
Preheat the oven to 350 - 375. Peel the potatoes (or yams!) and dice largely. Toss in a little bit of olive oil and spread out on a baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes or so.
Tomorrow will be all about Gingerbread Waffles! Come back for those!