I'm not the biggest fan of tempeh, but I'm always looking for different ways to make it. In hopes that I'll find a recipe I love.
Well here's one! Super easy, healthy and delicious. A dish that I don't think would taste better with tofu or seitan. The tempeh flavor and texture is perfect for the recipe. It's pretty spicey so cut down on the sriracha if you're not into that.
Easy Tempeh Stir Fry:
(2 smallish servings or 1 large serving)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger. minced
- 2 Tbls. teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbls. sriracha sauce (or less if you're sensitive to spice)
- 1 Tbls. vegan oyster sauce
- 1 Tbls. soy sauce
- a few dashes toasted seseme seeds
- 4 oz tempeh, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
2. Coat tempeh with marinade and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
3. In heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tempeh (and any left over marinade) and stir fry. Tempeh should get browned and caramalized.
4. Serve over rice and garnish with toasted seseme seeds.